Thursday, June 30, 2011

cornbread waffles! with chili!


So good even Sibyl wants to try them.......






I wanted waffles this morning, but didn't have time to make them before work. Jonathan suggested I try savory waffles. I was thrilled at this idea and discovered the joy of VEGAN CORNBREAD WAFFLES! I am so excited! I hope you love this as much as I do.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups organic all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups organic yellow cornmeal (make sure it's organic, you don't want GMO!)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sucanat (you can use organic sugar if you don't have sucanat)
1 teaspoon salt (pink himalayan sea salt!)
2 cups organic soymilk (or other non-dairy milk)
3 tablespoons organic rice bran oil (you can use a vegetable oil of your choice)
ener-g egg replacer for 2 eggs
spicy chili (obviously homemade is the best, but I wasn't prepared so I used a can of Amy's Spicy Chili, which was delicious!)
Daiya Vegan Soy-Free Cheese (this is optional)

Preheat waffle iron.
In a large bowl, combine organic flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sucanat, and sea salt. In a medium sized bowl, combine milk, oil, and prepared egg replacer. Add the liquid combination to the dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
Pour batter onto hot waffle iron and bake until fluffy and slightly crispy!
Serve with chili on top (and vegan cheese if desired)!

No comments:

Post a Comment