Saturday, February 16, 2013

peanut sauce broccoli stir fry!



I love peanut sauce. But I hate vinegar, and sometimes I think peanut sauces have too much vinegar and too little peanut! So here is my personalized recipe! (Yes, I know this is the second peanut sauce recipe I posted. They're pretty different tasting and this is my favourite!)

In a medium-sized bowl, mix:
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy. The Earth Balance peanut & coconut butter blend is perfect for this)
2 tbsp honey (or agave if you don't do bee products)
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp crushed pepper flakes
1 tsp ginger root powder (or fresh ginger if you have it!)
2 tsp chopped garlic

Steam the broccoli as long as you like - I steam mine briefly but I know a lot of people like their broccoli softer.
Stir fry some tempeh!
Mix these in a frying pan, add the sauce and some brown rice. When completely mixed and done cooking, add some salt to taste and hemp seeds (DO NOT add the hemp seeds until it is done cooking as that would spoil the nutritional value).

I hope these directions aren't too confusing and that you love this as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment