Monday, August 20, 2012

adventurous snickerdoodles

Those who have been around me while I am baking know that I have, well, unconventional methods. I rarely measure things carefully. I often just throw everything together without separating the wet and dry ingredients. It all depends on how much time I have (and usually I have none)!
Somehow, everything turns out well nearly every time!
So, just for fun, I thought I would post the recipe I actually used for snickerdoodles today!

dough:
1/4 cup earth balance (I ran out, hence the next three ingredients!)
1/4 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup rice bran oil/coconut butter mixture
1 cup organic unrefined turbinado sugar
1/4 cup date granules/sucanat mixture
2 tsp vanilla extract
threw in some vanilla powder
ener-g egg replacer for two eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp (slightly more) sea salt
a "shake" of ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon

topping:
some powdered sugar
some turbinado sugar
1 tsp cinnamon pwd
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

The directions for making them are here:
http://www.vegan-reira.blogspot.com/2012/04/snickerdoodles.html

I doubt anyone will actually follow this ridiculous recipe, but it just goes to show that baking recipes (for cookies, at least) are much more flexible than we tend to think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment