Friday, December 30, 2011

Southwestern Pizza


Today at work I got a free Alvarado Street Bakery sprouted whole wheat pizza crust!
Jonathan doesn't like tomatoes and I don't like pesto, so I had to get creative. Here's the result!

Ingredients:
1 Alvarado Street pizza crust (make sure you get the cheese-less one)
refried black beans (with salt)
corn
jalapeños
daiya pepperjack (vegan) cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit. Heat black beans (I made my own with delicious spices...which I certainly recommend) with corn. Sauté the jalapeños in a little bit of oil (this is not necessary, but I prefer the flavor this way). Spread beans/corn onto the pizza crust and cover with daiya cheese. Then add jalapeños! Cook for about 10 minutes.

I found this surprisingly good and I hope you do too!

Note: The vegan cheese tastes a thousand times better than it looks, and I'm the only vegan that ate this tonight and certainly not the only one that was a fan of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment